If you have followed me on Instagram you might have seen some of my sneak peeks making their way to you:
Now let me preface this by saying, I have no "theme" in the general sense. Black and brights is a color scheme and I have some great tech themed goodies that I'm so excited to share with my students this year but other than that... its just what I liked.
Let's take a look around:
Beyond my desk lies this shelf with my Teacher Toolbox and my Birthday sticks for students
The Class of Awesome sign was just like lacquer_teach_repeat made from instagram!
My door sign: "Teacher of AWESOME, Awesome means 4th Grade" inspired by this pin!
- Objectives Board - right in the front of the room, easily accessible for everyone! I just slipped some colored paper into page protectors and added some labels! I did write our first objectives up there but they came out a little faint going to try a new marker before students arrive!
- Welcome Sign- This will be on the Smartboard for meet the teacher / Open House night! I have them FREE here - for K- 6 !
- Clip Chart - I made the chart before I fully decided to commit to using one this year - I plan on using Class Dojo but may need this or a variation for a few students....regardless I love the colorful clips (Sharpie...easy!) and the rainbow colors! I got it here FREE
- Schedule - FREE here just switched up the font.
- Bloom's Poster - printed from this pin here
- Wonder Wall - I used Chalkboard Contact paper to create this on my white board. The book "Ever Wonder Why?" was something my 5th grade teacher did each week, basically she had a place where the question was asked and we could guess the answer and we would go over it once a week. It sparked such curiosity and was just a fun little thing...I'm excited to try it with my students this year.
Here's a tutorial if you want to make these rolled up paper decorations for your room!
Here's the job board which is split with our Genius Hour bulletin board and off to the side is a flip flop holder to hold task cards! I love how it takes up little room but still displays everything. I got it for $5 at Walmart but you can find them multiple places. The jobs are from my pack - here.
- Below is my small group area - I'm didn't have this all last year and I'm unbelievably excited to have it this year! I have some dry erase circles at each spot for review or beginning questions! (Ignore all the shelving in back...no cover for that yet..)
- I got the soup can labels from Hope King during the BTS sale! For a first year decorating teacher - this was an easy buy, of course I have soup cans around so these will definitely get used!
- My AR board for the year is magneted to a file cabinet near the back but I love all the bright colors!
Just a few whole room shots...last ones I promise!
From the door walking in!
View from back corner!
Stay tuned for what is on the student desk and what I have planned for Open House! I'd love to see your room - and gather ideas for next year (store them away, anyway). Keeping the same room twice would make it easier to decorate right?!